Friday, February 10, 2012

VGM Of The Day #3 Spellforce: Order Of Dawn: Greyfell



Spellforce's soundtrack is your run of the mill orchestrated fantasy soundtrack, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad; just that it has been done many times before. For that reason alone, the soundtrack is just obscure and seen as an afterthought just because there is similar music in many other games. I haven't played the game all the way through; in fact far from it, but with one song early in the game; I had found a song that slipped through many people's subconscious but shouldn't have been

The song itself is a typical town theme you would see in other games like this as it is very soothing to the ears; giving you a feeling that you have reached a safe haven in the game, but it has an other characteristic as well. Greyfell just so happens to be the first city in the game that you reach and it is kinda a small hub to different sections of the world via portals. With that in mind the song kinda gives off a you just finished the intro now start your epic adventure feeling.

I was going into this game expecting a completely forgettable soundtrack because that what's a lot of reviews said; yet I actually proved them wrong in my own mind with just this song and who knows, maybe when I keep going with Spellforce, I will find another song that sticks to me.

Note: Once again song note uploaded by me but done by this guy who has other Spellforce songs uploaded so give them a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment